So, I bet you know how I`ll start off this post, huh? Well maybe, maybe not. Depends, I guess.
It`s just because frozen hot chocolate is a pretty popular dish from this restaurant in New York called Serendipity. And, you know, there was also a movie titled after it, NO BIG DEAL. A very cute movie too! But I`m one of those "chicks" who love watching romantic comedies. ^^' Thus, you may or may not agree with me.
ANYWAYS, one of my favorite food bloggers, Jenny, from Picky Palate visited it and decided to make her own copycat version! I`ve never to the restaurant before and since I adore the movie, I definitely added this to my must-bake list!
I followed Jenny's directions exactly, except I cut the recipe in half. Sadly, since I live in a college apartment, I do not have a blender...BUT I did have the magic bullet, (that my mom didn`t need since she does have a blender) and it`s kind of the same...hehe.
I must say, this was tasty drink. It tastes just like hot chocolate, but in a frozen drink form. Like a frappuccino!
So, here is the link to the recipe: Picky Palate's Frozen Hot Chocolate
But if you would like the measurements for only two servings, here is my own version:
FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATEAdapted from Picky Palate
Total Time: ~25 minutes
Frozen Hot Chocolate:
· 1 cup milk
· 2 packets of hot chocolate mix (I used Swiss Miss brand)
· 2 cups ice cubes
· ½ cup heavy cream
· 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
· A few mini chocolate chips for garnish
· Mini marshmallows
Frozen hot Chocolate:
· Combine milk and hot chocolate mix in blender
· Add ice and blend until everything is combined (It should look something like slush)
· Pour into two mugs, with small plates under them (Just in case it over pours)
· Mix heavy cream and sugar together until peaks form.
· Add a dollop of cream on top each cup. Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips & mini marshmallows on top, if desired.