Did I tell you that almost everyone around me LOVES/ADORES/DROOL-OVER-THINKING-ABOUT chocolate?
Okay, I think I may have mentioned that my boyfriend is a lover of all things chocolate. Well, so are my sisters. And roommates. And friends. My parents...eh...not so much. Kind of. But they are old and Asian. LOL. Totally kidding. Do NOT make racial stereotypes, people. It`s just not nice or funny. Unless you`re Asian and making an Asian stereotype, like how we have small eyes. We know, dude. Thanks for the reminder.
ANYHOW, so I wanted to make chocolate chip muffins so my sister, boyfriend, and friends can eat them for breakfast, since I`m cool like that. :) I have tried a few recipes, but this one is really my favorite and go-to recipe. I`ve used it several times already and fall in love with them each time.
I highly recommend that you guys make these now, or tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow...or just really really soon, okay? I mean, do you see that picture with the harden sugar topping these muffins? Deliciousness here! Soft and chocolate chipy! Plus, there`s a handful of chocolate chips in each muffin, making it so every bite will have a chocolate chip! Now, isn`t this wonderful? It`ll make your mornings or days so much better. I`m serious!
I put 1 cup of chocolate chips since everyone here loves the extra chocolate. However, feel free to add less if you prefer, it will be slightly healthier if you eat 8 less chocolate chips for each muffin. I said, slightly. This recipe is scaled down from the original, so you won`t be so tempted to eat too many! See, I care about your health! :)
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted from Allrecipes
Servings: 10 muffins
Total Time: 40 minutes
§ 1 cup all-purpose flour
§ ½ cup granulated sugar
§ 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
§ ¼ teaspoon salt
§ ½ cup milk
§ ¼ cup vegetable oil
§ ½ of an egg (about 1 ½ tablespoons of liquid)
§ 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
§ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
§ 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
§ 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line your regular muffin pan with liners, or coat your pans with oil/spray.
2. In a very small bowl, crack and egg in it and whisk a little. Measure out half and set aside. Refrigerate the remaining half for another use. It will be about 1 ½ tablespoon of liquid.
3. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium size bowl. Then add in the chocolate chips and combine.
4. In another larger bowl, combine together the milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
5. Add the dry ingredients (the flour mixture in Step 3) into the wet ingredients (milk mixture from Step 4), and stir until completely combined.
6. In a small bowl, make the topping by combining the granulated sugar and brown sugar and stir.
7. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 way full. Sprinkle on top of the muffins with the topping mixture between all the muffins.
8. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for about 1-2 minutes and then remove the muffins from the pan.