I hope you guys enjoyed the first cookies and cream recipe yesterday. To continue cookies and cream week, today I am sharing cookies and cream rice krispies treats!
I must confess that once I learned how to make these rice krispies treats at home, I was nonstop making it all the time.
I took Chinese all last year in college and had Chinese class EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Luckily, my teachers made it fun and the class became friends. After every quarter, on our last day of class, we would have a potluck. I wanted to make something to bring in, but didn`t have much time.
So, I decided to change things up by adding some Oreo cookies into the rice krispies treats things time around. It`s easy to make and super yummy!
Since the class was so small, I had some leftover and brought them back to my apartment. Let`s say my roommates were happy because they loved them and it came in handy as a study snack during Finals week!
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
Adapted from Kellogs
Yields: 12 servings
Total Time: ~40 minutes
- 13inch x 9inch pan
- Parchment paper
- 1 Large saucepan
- 1 rubber spatula
§ 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
§ 4 cups mini marshmallows (or 1 package 10oz regular marshmallows)
§ 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
§ 10-15 Oreo cookies, chopped
§ 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1. Line a 13inx9in pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the marshmallow and stir until they are melted completely.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Add rice krispies cereal and mix with the spatula.
6. Add chopped Oreo pieces, making sure everything is coated.
7. Transfer into the pan and press down evenly, using the side of the spatula.
8. Let it cool before cutting into it.