Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. This is such a late post. I was supposed to post this on Wednesday but didn`t get the chance until now. The week was crazy and tiring for me, so I hope my dear readers will forgive me. :(
Egg salad has always been one of those foods I have always heard about, but never tired it before. Most likely has to do with the fact that my parents are Chinese and have not heard about it before.
Let me tell you, if you don`t know already...egg salad sandwich is super yummy. AND, super simple. I guess it`s weird to post a recipe on something so simple and common. However, I have never had it until a few months ago when I made this for myself!
Since this blog is a collection of recipes I have tried, I have to definitely post this recipe! Maybe someone hasn`t tried it yet and will stumble on my blog and make it! (hinthint:ifthisappliestoyou!) :D
This is definitely a base recipe. You can add pretty much anything you like, like fresh herbs or whatnot!
Simple Egg Salad Sandwich
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
Yields: 4 sandwiches
Total Time: ~30 minutes (5 min if excluding time to hard boil eggs)
- pot of water
- 1 large bowl
- rubber spatula
- cutting board
§ 6 hard boiled eggs (to be healthier, I use only 3 of the egg yolks)
§ 1/4 cup mayonnaise
§ 2 teaspoons Dijion mustard
§ 2 teaspoons lemon juice
§ Salt, to your desired tastes
§ Pepper, to your desired tastes
§ 2 slices of bread (any type you like)
1. Hard boiled your eggs: here are step by step instructions with pictures if you don't know how: WikiHow
2. Cut hard boiled eggs into small pieces (about 2 cm--or you desired preference)
3. In the large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and sprinkle with some salt and pepper (1/4 teaspoon each if you want measurements).
4. Add the chopped hard boiled eggs and stir until eggs are coated.
5. Sandwich between two slices of bread.