Have you guys tried Nature Valley`s honey and oats crunch bars before? They are delicious. Like, really.
I was NOT paid to say that. They are the very reason I like eating granola bars! So, I found some recipes to make my own granola bars at home, but they required all these ingredients I haven`t even heard of before. Like wheat germ.
Maybe, it`s just me who hasn`t heard of it.
We all need some quick snacks to have ready at hand in case we get the munchies. That`s when these awesome bars come in.
Easy. No bake. Biscoff. Need I say more?
I wanted to find a way to make yummy granola bars without buying special ingredients I wouldn`t otherwise use. I bake a lot, but I wouldn`t need wheat germ for anything except granola bars. I don`t know about you, but I can`t eat granola bars THAT often. Haha~
The first time I tried the recipe it didn`t stick very well and broke apart. On my second attempt, I made some adjustments and added Biscoff. The result made me fall in love. You think it`ll be weird having biscoff with dried fruits, but it totally isn`t. It makes for a great way to eat some oats and fruits. I`d say. ;)
No Bake Biscoff Granola Bars
Adapted from: Lauren's Latest
Yields: 8 bars
Total Time: ~20 minutes + 2 hour waiting time
- 1 saucepan
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 large bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 8x8inch pan
- parchment paper
§ 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
§ scant 1 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
§ 1/3 cup dried berries (I used craisins and blueberries)
§ 1/4 cup honey
§ 3 tablespoon brown sugar
§ 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
§ 1/4 cup biscoff/cookie spread
§ 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
§ 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
1. Line your 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper (you can use foil, just spray with cooking spray).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, rice krispies, and dried fruits. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, on medium heat, melt the honey, brown sugar, butter, and biscoff together. Stir to combine as ingredients melt together with a wooden spoon.
4. Lower the heat to low once the mixture starts to bubble.
5. Add the vanilla extract and mix to incorporate.
6. Turn off the heat after 1 minute.
7. Pour the mixture into the bowl containing the oats and rice krispies cereal.
8. Using a rubber spatula, toss until everything is coated.
9. Transfer into the lined 8x8inch pan.
10. Add the chocolate chips on top.
11. Using either the spatula or your hands, press the mixture evenly down into the sides/bottom of the pan.
12. Allow the granola bars to cool and set for about 2 hours before cutting into bars.
13. Wrap in saran wrap and store them at room temperature or fridge.