Sorry, I haven`t posted since last Wednesday! Sometimes life sucks and life was sucking a bit lately... Haha~ However, because you all need yummy foods in your belly, I had to hold off my homework for a few hours to post this delicious recipe! I`m in a co-ed fraternity and we are busy recruiting for the next few weeks, so I hope you can bare with me. :)
I`m a HUGE fan of caramel apple, if you haven`t realized...
I had this cool idea to try this out one day and it was magnificent! Why? It's so EASY, you`ll have to try to fail. Hehe. It`s become one of my favorite things to bake because these are just sooo good!
I was planning on posting these earlier, but I wanted to take new pictures of them since I knew I was going to make over Winter Break. Sadly, I never got the chance.
You might be busy like me, but you can definitely spare a little time to make this delicious treat for your friends and family. :)
It`s filled with caramel apple goodness!
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread Muffins
Hearts In My Oven Original
Yields: 11 standard muffins | Level: Easy | Total Time: 45-55 minutes | Print Recipe
§ 2 tubes of refrigerated croissant rolls
§ 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
§ 1/4 cup granulated sugar
§ 1/4 cup brown sugar
§ 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
§ 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
§ 2 small Granny Smith apples, diced
§ 1 teaspoon lemon juice
§ 3 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping, divided 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp
§ 1 tablespoon milk
- pastry brush
- 3 small bowls
- 1 medium bowl
- 2 spoons
- 1 muffin pan
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
1. In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a fork. Set aside.
2. In another small bowl, gently toss diced apples with lemon juice.
3. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
4. For each sheet of croissant roll, cut into small squares. (*You can do at least 5 squares by 4 squares for each sheet. I made even more per sheet by constantly stretching it thin, but it's completely up to you.)
5. Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter on each square.
6. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on each square (about 1/2-1 teaspoon each, depending on size).
7. Place 3-5 pieces of apples in each.
8. Wrap into a round ball and place about 4-6 balls in each muffin tin. I stuck a few pieces of apples in between the creases at this point.
9. With about 1 tablespoon of caramel ice cream topping, pour a little over all the muffins. (Not 1 tbsp each; divide 1 tablespoon of caramel between all muffins).
10. Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes, or until tops are golden.
11. In another small bowl, combine caramel ice cream topping with milk. Mix until incorporated. Pour a little over each muffin.