So, I was going to post yesterday. However, yesterday my dad woke me up telling me we (my family and I) are going to Vegas. Uh, what? That was a spontaneous trip, indeed. I also played my first real game of monopoly and it lasted for SEVEN hours non-stop. And, I still lost.
Seven. Hours. That`s more than the average number of sleep I get per night during the school year.
Anyways...Happy New Years everyone!! It`s finally 2013. This is going to be a big year for me, since I am expected to graduate in June. Time to force my butt into the "real" world with a job and all. It`s a life changer. (Yes, I am scared out of my mind. Terrified.)
I`m not one to make New Year's resolutions, since I feel like we can make those anytime in the year...Haha~ If a new healthy lifestyle or diet is on your resolution list, I`m sorry these cookies aren`t healthy for you. BUT, I can say, they are mighty good...and you just MIGHT have to make them.
Oreos are awesome. I love those Hershey's Cookies and Creme bars, so when I found these kisses, I freaked out. I grabbed a bag and came home happy.
Then, I made these super cute cookies. An awesome way to start of 2013? I totally think so. ;) You have the option, which I highly recommend, to roll the cookie dough into some Oreo crumbs before baking (like the photo above).
And I`m curious, do YOU make New Years resolutions? Let`s make 2013 a good year!
Oreo Thumbprint Cookies
Adapted from: Hershey's
Yields: ~30-40 cookies| Level: Easy | Total Time: 35-45 minutes | Print Recipe
§ 1/2 cup/8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
§ 1/2 cup shortening
§ 1 cup granulated sugar
§ 1 large egg
§ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
§ 2 cups all purpose flour
§ 1 teaspoon baking powder
§ 1/4 teaspoon salt
§ 1 sleeve/12 pieces Oreo or chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed; divided
§ 1 bag Hershey's Cookies and Cream Kisses, unwrapped
- 2 large bowls
- 1-2 baking sheets
- 1 rubber spatula
- cooking rack
- 1 cookie scoop
- 1 small plate/dish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
3. In a bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together butter, shortening, and sugar.
4. Add in egg and vanilla extract, combine.
5. In another large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/4 cup of crushed Oreos.
6. Add the dry ingredients (flour mixture) into the wet ingredients (butter mixture) and beat until combined.
7. Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
8. *Optional: Place the rest of the crushed cookies on a plate and roll ball into finely crushed Oreos.
9. Place on baking sheet with a two inch space in between each cookie.
10. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly golden around the edges.
11. Cool on a cooling rack slightly (about 1 minute).
12. Press unwrapped Cookies and Cream Kiss on top of each cookie.
13. Cool completely.