It`s strawberry season! I`m definitely one of those people who love fruits in their desserts. Muffins are considered breakfast food, but since it`s sweet and baked, I often eat them as a dessert as well. To me, muffins are quick breads, like banana bread, in individual serving sizes. Haha. Sure, they`re not as dense and the texture is different to loaf breads, but since they`re usually quick and easy to make, I enjoy baking them often.
The strawberry and banana combo is a popular favorite. I love the combination myself, so I wanted to combine the same flavors in muffin form. I also, always "happen to have" (read: I always make SURE I have) Biscoff spread in my pantry...I so knew it`ll be a great addition to the strawberry and banana combo flavor.
With that idea in mind, these muffins were born. Completely delicious and wonderful for a morning breakfast or for a snack randomly during the day...I mean, why the heck not, right? They have the Biscoff and banana flavor with strawberry bites scattered throughout. I love them and think you will, too. :)
Strawberry Banana Biscoff Muffins
Hearts In My Oven Original | Yields: 12 regular + 1 mini muffin | Level: Easy | Total Time: 35 minutes
§ 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
§ 1/4 cup sugar
§ 1/4 cup light brown sugar
§ 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
§ 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
§ 1/2 tsp salt
§ 1 tablespoon baking powder
§ 1/2 cup yogurt
§ 1/4 cup biscoff spread
§ 1 well-ripe banana, mashed
§ 3 tablespoons milk
§ 1 large egg
§ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
§ 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- Standard size/mini muffin pan(s)
- Cupcake liners
- 1 rubber spatula
- 2 whisks
- 1 cookie scoop (optional)
- cutting board
- 1 butter knife
- cooling rack
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder until combined.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, biscoff, banana, milk, egg, vanilla, and strawberries.
4. Add wet ingredients (yogurt, banana, etc) to dry ingredients (flour, sugar, etc). Mix with rubber spatula--less than 20 seconds! Careful, not to overmix!
5. Scoop batter into muffin tins.
6. Put in oven and drop oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
7. Allow to cool on cooling rack.
8. Serve with sliced strawberries on top, if desired!