Guess what? Today is the start of Brownie Mondays! :) This month I decided to post a new brownie recipe every Monday! I hope you`re excited as I am. I will tell you why I`m excited though...like, I have mentioned each time I have previously posted about brownies, they`re not my favorite dessert in the world.
Unless, of course, they are deliciously made. I can`t pass up delicious desserts, even if they`re not my favorite types. I`m this way with cheesecakes and cakes. I love cookies more than I love cake. But, I will not deny a good slice of cheesecake, like the Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake at Cheesecake factory. :P
Back to Brownie Mondays...every Monday of June, I will post a brownie recipe and rate them! I don`t usually rate my recipes, since everyone has different tastes...but I will for these so you know what my preferences are like.
Many of my friends love brownies, but I have not mastered the art of baking brownies yet. In hopes of getting better, I have baked up a lot of brownies and had to push them upon my friends to get rid of them! Haha~
My roommate requested a crispy top brownies, so I figured this came close! You can easily make this in one bowl, but I wanted to make sure everything was mixed well before combining the wet and dry ingredients together. One thing I learned about brownies: do not, ever, over mix!
About these brownies: They`re very chocolatey, but they`re not completely dense. The texture is crumbly and I love how the tops are. I really liked them and one of my roommate says this is her favorite of all the brownie recipes! I added caramel bits on top of half of the pan, just because I wanted to see what will happen. I definitely recommend sprinkling powdered sugar on top once they`re cooled. :)
I`ll give these a 3.8/5. Also know that everyone has their own brownie preferences. I`m not one to like decadent fudge brownies. Each of these brownie recipes I`ll be posting has their own perks! :) If you have time and love experiment, I say try baking them all! Haha. (Accompany them with some cardio workouts, though!)
Crackled Tops Brownies
Adapted from:Yammie's Noshery |Yields: 18 squares (9x13 inch pan)| Level: Easy | Total Time: 50 minutes | Print
§ 1 ¼ cups cocoa powder
§ ½ teaspoon salt
§ 1 teaspoon baking powder
§ 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
§ 1 cup (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter
§ 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
§ 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
§ 4 large eggs
§ 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
§ 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
§ 2-5 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 - 9inx13in nonstick pan
- parchment paper
- cooling rack
- 1 small microwave safe bowl
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 spoon
- 1 rubber spatula
- fine mesh sieve
1. Line your 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for easy removal. (You can grease instead.)
2. In a large bowl, shift together the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and all purpose flour. Set aside.
3. In microwavable bowl melt the butter in 30 seconds increments until melted.
4. In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, sugar, and eggs and mix to combine.
5. Add vanilla, mix.
6. Fold in flour mixture (cocoa powder, salt, etc) and chocolate chips until just combined. (Don`t overmix!)
7. Transfer batter into prepared pan.
8. Bake for 23-28 minutes.
9. Allow brownies to cool in pan completely before cutting.
10. If desired, sprinkle tops with powdered sugar using a small fine mesh sieve.