I made strawberry donuts once. My friends loved them. One of them asked if I could make a blueberry version and I was like, why not? His birthday was coming up and I decided I could try them out for the occasion.
These donuts are very simple to make. The hardest part is smashing the blueberries with a back of a fork. I like the strawberry version better and so did my friends, but these blueberry donuts still warrant a post if you`re every craving a blueberry baked goodies!
Don`t these glazed beauties look wonderful? Add some chocolate sprinkles and it`ll make them cuter! Another donut recipe will be coming up next!! Don`t miss it. :)
Be sure to check out my Strawberry Donuts! If you think these look good, the strawberry ones taste even better!!
Baked Blueberry Donuts
§ 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
§ ¼ cup granulated sugar
§ ¼ teaspoon baking soda
§ ¼ teaspoon salt
§ 1 teaspoon blueberry gelatin powder
§ ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk
§ 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
§ ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
§ 1 large egg
§ 2/3 cup blueberries, divided 1/3 cup + 1/3 cup
§ ¾ cups + 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
§ ¼ cup + 1 teaspoon heavy cream
§ Sprinkles (optional)
- 1 nonstick donut pan
- 2 medium bowls
- 2 small bowls
- 2 whisks
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 fork
- 1 pastry bag/sandwich bag
- 1 tall cup
- 1 cooling rack
- 1 baking spray
1. Preheat your oven to 375F. Spray your donut pan (or butter).
2. In a small bowl, smash 1/3 cup of blueberries with the back of a fork. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and blueberry gelatin powder.
4. In another medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract, and egg. Then, add the smashed blueberries and combine.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, etc) and add the wet ingredients (buttermilk, oil, etc) all at once. Mix until just combine.
6. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the other 1/3 cup blueberries gently.
7. Place a pastry bag (or sandwich bag) inside a tall cup with edges pulled over the sides of the cup. Transfer batter into the bag.
8. Snip off the tip and pipe donut batter into donut pan.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the donut comes out clean.
10. Keep donuts in pan for 10 more minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
11. While donuts cool, make the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and heavy cream.
12. Dip each donut into the frosting and place on parchment paper.
13. Add sprinkles on top.