Omg. I`m so sorry for the lack of posts and blog activity in general! I have no idea how bloggers with a full time job keep up with the posts, baking, work, and social stuff outside of it all! Do you guys not sleep? I barely sleep and I still don`t feel like I have enough time! Haha~
Since the holidays are in full swing, I have been baking like crazy, testing and EATING lots of goodies! Unfortunately, it always takes me longer than I expect to post a recipe, even with the crazy amount of baking I`ve been doing.
And, this daylight savings thing...? Not working for me. :( By the time I get home from work, it`s pitch dark. I can never take any photos of the food I bake after work. To make up for the natural lighting, I wake up really early (at least to me...hehe) to take photos before rushing off to work.
I also have to control myself around all the freshly baked goodies at night, since I need to photograph them the next morning. Talk about crazy self-restraint! Those warm cookies and muffins are extremely tempting after a long day!
Okay, so this pumpkin nutella bread pudding is amazing. Pumpkin-everything might be winding down, but trust me, if you have to bake one last pumpkin dessert this season, you`ll want it to be this one. I`m not lying when I say that I basically gobbled this whole pan by myself. I couldn`t help myself, it was so addicting.
This recipe is wonderfully simple, which makes it perfect for that Christmas morning breakfast. Or any lovely weekend breakfast. It`s so cold, I love turning on the oven to bake something. You can get out of bed, whip this up quickly, pop it in the oven, and snuggle in bed until it`s done! Then, have breakfast in bed. Doesn`t that sound amazing?? This recipe can transform into a dessert, too! See? It`s so versatile, please don`t pass this up. :)
P.S. If you can`t tell, I drizzle that caramel ice cream topping on, basically, everything. Full of yum!
Pumpkin Nutella Bread Pudding
§ 1 cup heavy cream
§ ½ cup whole milk
§ ¾ cup pure pumpkin
§ 3 tablespoons Nutella spread
§ ¼ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
§ ¼ cup granulated sugar
§ 2 large eggs
§ 1 large egg yolk
§ ¼ teaspoon salt
§ 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
§ ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
§ 1/8 teaspoon allspice
§ pinch cloves
§ 5 cups Texas sliced bread (or any crusty bread), cubed
§ ¼ cup Mini chocolate chips
§ Caramel ice cream topping (Optional)
- 1 8 inch nonstick square pan
- parchment paper/oil to grease
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 large bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 spoon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 inch nonstick square pan with parchment paper/grease well.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the cream, milk, pumpkin, Nutella, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, yolk, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves together.
3. In a large bowl, place your cubed bread in. Add the pumpkin/milk mixture. Toss with rubber spatula gently to coat.
4. Transfer to prepared pan.
5. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set.
7. If desired, drizzle with caramel.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.Recipe can be made in advance and refrigerated.