Is everyone enjoying the holidays?! I refuse to believe that 2013 is going to be over in just a few days! Haha. It`s amazing how time flies when you`re busy. I`ve been meaning to post this recipe for awhile now, but never got the chance this week to do so. Eeek! Sorry!!
You know what I`ve realized lately? Being an adult sucks, at least a little. :P We have to sleep early, to wake up early, to do grown up things like go to work, or drive kids to school, or cook breakfast on cold kitchen tiles during Winter.
Okay, okay, being an adult isn`t completely terrible. I`m just being a whiny, adolescent, who refuses to grow up. Haha! You can do almost anything you want. Like eat all the junk food you want or watch TV all day as an adult. AND, you can bake whatever your heart desires, like these s`mores brownie cheesecake bites!
These brownie bites are super cute. They do require a little more work than the usual brownie recipes, since you need to make the crust, brownie batter, and cheesecake filling. But, it`s only a little more work and it`s worth it!
I mean, S`MORES. If I am correct, people LOVE s`mores. I think it`s something our human bodies are programmed to love.
New Years is coming and these cuties deserve to be made for that new years party you`re going to! Also, do not blame me if you eat more than 1 at one time, since it`s so easy to pop another in your mouth. :)
S'mores Cheesecake Brownie Bites
§ ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
§ 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
§ 1 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
§ 2 large eggs
§ ¾ cups cocoa powder, shifted
§ ½ teaspoon salt
§ ½ teaspoon baking powder
§ 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules, dissolved in 1 teaspoon of water
§ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
§ 1 cup granulated sugar
§ 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
§ ¾ cups all purpose flour
§ 4 oz cream cheese, softened
§ 1 large egg
§ 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
§ Jet Puff Mallow Bit/ mini marshmallows
- nonstick mini muffin pan
- food processor
- 2 small bowls
- 1 large bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 small cookie scoop
- cooling rack
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease nonstick mini muffin pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
3. Add the melted butter and using a rubber spatula, toss around to coat all the crumbs.
4. Press about 1 tablespoon of crust to the bottom of each muffin tin.
5. Bake in oven for 3-5 minutes. Then, remove to cool on a cooling rack.
6. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, instant coffee, and vanilla until combined.
7. Mix in the sugar and melted butter.
8. Add and combine the flour. Set aside.
1. In another (small-medium size) bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, egg, and sugar.
2. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop about 1 tablespoon of brownie batter on top of the crust.
3. Scoop and divide a small amount of cheese filling for each brownie.
4. Top with a little more brownie batter.
5. Using a toothpick or skewer, swirl the cheesecake filling with the brownie batter.
6. Top with some mallow bits or mini marshmallows.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until brownie batter is set and baked through.
8. Allow brownies to cool in pan for 10 minutes, before removing to cool completely on a rack.
- Store brownies in an airtight container. Will last up to 1 week.