I`ve been stressed out lately with studying, graduate school stuff, and just life that cookies are a must! Who doesn`t love a good cookie, right? Chocolate chip cookies, as classic drop cookies, are simple and easy to bake often. Growing older, I have learned to appreciate more "adult flavors" and wanted to try ginger lemon as drop cookies.
As a lover of all lemon-flavored desserts, I knew I was going to love these! My first encounter with this ginger-lemon flavor combo was when I tried the ginger lemon cupcake from Sprinkles Cupcakes. Yeah, I totally fell in love with that cupcake! I`m devastated they no longer offer it in their menu anymore. I need to learn how to make them! I transfer that love into cookies, because I can bake cookies way better than cupcakes.
I folded in some white chocolate to add a little sweetness to the cookies. These cookies could be made 3 ways with a little strawberry jam!
First option: simply follow the directions.
Second: roll the dough into a round ball, make an indent in the center, and scoop a little strawberry jam in there, like thumbprint cookies!
Third option: Scoop a little dough, add jam in middle, top with more dough and round it off into a ball.
Yay, for making cookies multiple ways! Heck, I`m sure this applies to most drop cookies when you want to be creative. Because, drop cookies are magical. And simple. And totally not fussy, at all! Don`t you love that?
Ginger Lemon White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted: Melissa d'Arabian| Yields: 24 cookies | Level: Easy | Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add in the ginger, zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and egg. Mix until combined.
5. Add dry ingredients (flour, etc) into the wet ingredients (butter, etc).
6. Next, fold in the oats and white chocolate chips.
7. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough and place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart from each other.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or edges are lightly golden.
9. Cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Remove cookies and allow them to cool completely on cooling rack completely.
- 3 ways to make these cookies: First option: simply follow the directions. Second: roll the dough into a round ball, make an indent in the center, and scoop a little strawberry jam in there, like thumbprint cookies! Third option: Scoop a little dough, add jam in middle, top with more dough and round it off into a ball.